This CD compiled by Dirk Uys in March 2002, and released by EMI in May 2002, is now long out-of-print, but inspired by Marq Vas I have linked to the songs that are available to download on Rhythm Music Store.
This album collected the A to Z of Afrikaans Rock (from Akkedis to Karen Zoid) at the time, as well as most of its genres like blues, boogie, industrial, punk, hip hop, rap, reggae, metal and more.
I seem to remember Dirk telling me at the time that he would have liked to include a David Kramer song but wasn’t able to get permission. Not sure what song it was, but I have included David Kramer’s Bokkie Bokkie as a digital bonus track.
Artists – Tracks
- Anton Goosen – Blommetjie gedenk aan my
- Spinnekop – Tiger en Louise
- Akkedis – Cybersurferraver
- Koos Kombuis – Kaalvoet
- Karen Zoid – Afrikaners is plesierig
- Springbok Nude Girls – Pappa ek wil ‘n popster word
- Beeskraal – Strate van Pretoria
- Bernoldus Niemand – Boksburg bommer
- Valiant Swart – Gange van Babylon
- Piet Botha – Goeienag generaal
- Koos Kombuis – Bomskok babelaas
- Raaskopleef – Elektrisiteit
- Bernoldus Niemand – Reggae vibes is cool
- Spinnekop – Maanskyn
- Valiant Swart – Vloek van die kitaar
- Akkedis – Anderkant die berg
- Brasse van die Kaap – Cape flats
- Battery 9 - Twyfelaar
Digital Bonus Track
David Kramer – Bokkie Bokkie
This song has English verses and an Afrikaans chorus. The original version was released on the Original Mountain Rockers compilation in 1980. David re-recorded it in 1981 for his Bakgat! album.